This site is an on-line gallery of my digital art, research, writing and pedagogical projects. It was entirely built by me using no third-party themes or plugins with two exceptions: I use the Bootstrap grid system, and have borrowed some design ideas from the Material Design library.
All content is wholly owned by Brian MacMillan, except where noted. All rights are reserved.
My work experience is wide-ranging, though always related to computers
- creating web interfaces (including maps) for large, real-time research data-sets, for example climate models or clinical trials analyzed using python libraries such as matplotlib, numpy and seaborn. I am familiar with a wide range of web-servers, database management systems and development frameworks.
- teaching digital media to under-served populations in my neighborhood (uptown Manhattan).
- human rights and environmental advocacy.
- video art commissions and performances. My only active video projects are cubist dance video and videos algorithmically generated using basis functions. Please see the Videos tab of this site for examples.
- a range of research topics including PTSD in torture survivors, Ontario geology (the Clay Belt), digital interfaces and database topologies/system architecture.
I am not looking for work but I am definitely looking for collaborators, particularly in the area of creating cubist dance videos.